Monday, October 26, 2009

OYAN SAVED MY NANO NOVEL!

I love OYAN.  Just, let me say that again.  I LOVE OYAN.  It's been the greatest.

I am doing NaNoWriMo this year.  NaNoWriMo is “National Novel Writing Month”.  For one month of madness over a million people strive to write 50,000 words in the month of November.  I won last year...and am bound and determined to do the same this year.

I'm doing an outline of my novel to help my try and keep going at least semi the same direction during the month.  But I'd gotten stuck on my outline some time last week and all my attempts to advance it were just making the book worse and worse and worse.  I'd lost it.  It looked like what I'd thought was a tremendous plot was indeed going to come to nothing and totally flop.

I was actually starting to consider starting over with a completely new plot.

But I wanted to try something else first.  I made copies of the workbook sheets for the Five Elements.  Someone to care about, Something Want, Something to Dread, Something to Suffer and Something to Learn.  And I worked through them for my NaNo novel.

It worked.  It really worked.  I now am on track for my novel again and just hurrying to try and finish my outline, as well as make changes to what I already had to add in the new elements and theories that I came up with.

Mr. S—you saved my NaNo novel!  GO OYAN!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Now I REALLY want to do OYAN!!!!! LOL Mabye next year, though, since because of the wedding, we're tight on money. *looks pointedly at Lizzie*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be the only thing I ask for on my birthday. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Ruth!

    I'm getting a lot through hearing you talk about OYAN too!

    ReplyDelete