Friday, October 23, 2009

The Potency of Meaning

I am currently working on the worksheets for “Something to Learn”.  As much as I found “Something to Dread” and “Something to Suffer” perhaps the two most useful for my stories—this one is provoking the most thought!  Everything that I learn in OYAN I feel the need to apply to everything else I've written or want to write...  It's odd.  I apply it to my other works almost more than to my actual novel for OYAN...  Really keeps me thinking.

“Something to Dread” and “Something to Suffer” were both things I was TRYING to keep in my novel and that I was trying to emphasize and such...  But “Something to Learn” is something I've never actually actively thought about before...  I don't have 'themes' or 'premises' for most of my stories.  At least not conscious ones.  Odd, hmm?

The theme of my OYAN novel is “Courage is greater than fear”.  I think.  Which would make my premise “courage is greater than fear even in the face of death.”  ???  I think.  Think think think.  It's all being rather tricky, and this process is starting to be painful.  The theme is proving incredibly elusive.  *sigh*  In any case...

You might find another blog post when I finish my worksheets...depending upon how they go.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment