Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Welcome to Pursuing the Heroic Quest!

Welcome to my new “One Year Adventure Novel” blog!

This blog is my try and following my One Year Adventure Novel quest to write the ultimate heroic quest story. I'm going to do it to follow my journey through the “One Year Adventure Novel”--better known to most users as simply OYAN. I'll use that abbreviation here on the blog.

The idea of the blog is to provide an idea for some people as to what OYAN is all about, as well as being something for me to look back at later and say...'oh yes! That's where I got stuck...'

I could have technically started this earlier, but I am rather new to blogging. ;) Notably I have already discovered a strange enjoyment for it... Odd, considering that there was a day when I said there was absolutely no way I would ever ever ever have a blog. I now have three and have plans for starting a fourth... It seems, that when it comes right down to it, I really have plenty to say. :p

So far I am up through Lesson 12, “Something to Dread part 3”. I've worked through three of the five elements of a story that Daniel Schwabauer (is it any wonder they call him Mr. S at the fourms???) set forth. They are, put simply, “Someone to Care About” (main character); “Something to Want” (story goal); “Something to Dread” (villain); “Something to Suffer” (story set-backs); and “Something to Learn” (story moral).

In any case...WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG! Comment and follow if you enjoy it. There will be all sorts of cool goodies, from scanned in work-book pages to give you an idea how it works to excerpts from my novel! You'll find yourself keeping coming back if for no other reason than to see what sort of new and bazaar thing I have discovered to throw at my characters...

ENJOY! That's why I'm doing it. ;)

3 comments:

  1. *Tells the world in general* And Ruth's the girl who said she'd never get a blog. She has FOUR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, isn't it great Hannah!

    I already love this blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete